As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Friday, April 3, 2009

Waiting


Do you know how that feels?

Yesterday was not the most artistically inspiring day. It was cloudy, windy, raining...wet. Generally yucky.

I have been obsessed recently with creating little characters for my children's writing project, and I'm lucky to get to constantly observe my goofy dogs in amusing poses all over the house.

So, despite all else, I did manage to come up with this little daydreaming lonely dog, who I think expresses my feelings for the day.....
Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Too cute! Aren't animals wonderful. Love our trio. This is great and I'm sure very endearing to children too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice dog. I think illustrating a book might be fun if you didn't have to do it for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment.

    Yea, anything you do for a living could become tedium...(See older post Feb. 28, 2008, Procrastinators and finders of discipline).

    Keeping the dream alive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter - is that nice enough?

    Do another dog drawing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, that's what you'll get then, instead of a weed, Bill. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers