As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Sunday, June 17, 2012

You can't always get what you want...


You can't always get what you want...
but if you try sometimes, you just might find....
you get what you need. 
There have been many times that I've tried and not got what I wanted, but found somehow I got what I needed: A lesson.


That is changing.  I have asked for a great year and I'm getting it so far!
I have spent the last 4 years learning about the fine art business and the art of social networking, marketing, selling, and more, and I've made two distinct short term goals: Exhibit in at least one fine art brick and mortar gallery this year, and illustrate a book.

So far, so good.
I just had an opening reception for a groovy 7 woman group show in Atlanta.
I'm exhibiting in a new gallery in Woodstock, Ga.
I have been invited to exhibit in a local gallery in historic Marietta Square (Marietta, Ga) next month for their type themed show!
I am about to get working on illustrations for a local author and very excited about the opportunity!

I am busy busy busy!  I asked for this.  I have worked very hard to get to this stage.
There are times when you are swamped and just want things to calm down. Not me, not now. I have asked for this, I have prepared 4 years for this, and I am ready for the challenge and the opportunities. Bring it on! I deserve this.
Wow. Thanks to all yous guys and gals who are my chronic cheer squad. I am really grateful!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. "Smelly Rhino Studio" has been included in an edition of Thinking of Christmas Gifts in July for 2012. I hope this helps to point many new visitors (not to mention customers!) in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/07/thinking-of-christmas-gifts-in-july_27.html

    ReplyDelete

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers