As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving




I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life.  I am thankful for my family and husband who never stop believing in me and offering their support.  I'm thankful for my dogs who greet me each and every time they see me with happy wagging tails and no matter how I feel, they always make me feel better.  I'm so thankful for my fantastic friends, old and new, who are so supportive that they even buy my art to keep me painting!  I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, all of you have made sure that I know it and I want you to know how much I appreciate what you have given me in your support!

I stumbled upon one of those personality tests I took when I was 21 or so. Some kind of numerology thing that someone convinced to get and for some reason and was still among my books. The kind of thing that tells you the top 5 or 10 career fields for you. Here they are: Artist, Musician, Actress, Dancer, Designer (fashion, interior, graphic), Diplomat, Writer. The dancing I've kept to myself, and the diplomat, well that is just part of who I am. I've done everything on this list and loved them all! I'm grateful to my parents for my self-confidence to be so true to my nature and I hope I'm always so lucky to be able to express myself in these ways and live a happy and prosperous life.

On this Thanksgiving Day, I just want to say thank you to all of you for making it possible for me to do the only thing I've ever wanted to do; be creative.

Thanks,
Rebecca
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers