As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Maurice Sendak!

Happy Birthday to the illustrator of the kid in us all.



I love the way he thought...
“I’m trying very hard to concentrate on what is here, what I can see, what I can smell, what I can feel – making that the important business of life. Just looking out the window at the colors that I see, reading Charles Dickens at night for an hour, little rituals I have of listening to Mozart.”

Here's a nice little article in the Washington Post today just in case you haven't already read everything else!!  Go to article.



I miss you Maurice. Thanks for making me want to draw!

Let the wild rumpus start!
Have a nice doodly day,
Rebecca
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers