As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sitting and wishing

Viewing Angle, 6x6", acrylic on wood panel

Sitting -watching - reading - working. I read that we are pretty much screwed. Unless you are a landscaper or a professional dog walker, our sedentary lifestyles are doing more damage to our hearts, respiratory and vascular systems than our minuscule 30 minute effort of daily exercise can combat. Programmers, painters, receptionists...am I talking to you?  Be sure to give yourself something pleasant to look at while you're slowly spreading your underside into a chair killing yourself with your 4th coffee and a cronut. Ok, I'm talking to me. I am the biggest sitter. I figure if I don't talk gently, I'll be sure to get up and move more often. (apologies to the programmers, painters and receptionists.)  It's a good thing I have dogs because they force me to take them out at least 3 times a day.

This is another random abstract from my return to my studio. I'm feeling good about getting back to work and now I am tasked with working on my Christmas orders, so apart from the sleeping dogs next to me, my studio is beginning to be a flurry of activity.  I think maybe this season I may actually pay for Pandora, because I'm tired of putting on AC/DC radio and never hearing Back In Black. Perhaps with the paid subscription, they'll finally play it the tunes that apparently cost more to air.

I've never had a cronut. Where can I get one?

Have a nice day!

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Your dogs must be well trained. My spoiled little Chi demands to be taken out at least 10 times a day. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers