As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Friday, June 27, 2008


Another wonderful client and homeowner, another kewl project completed....Another sigh of satisfaction!

I LOVE MY JOB!!

Here is an example of a glazed finish called 'Old Leather'.
Very pretty..very romantic...and, as the husband pointed out, "Just what you want in a room with a toilet!" ROFL! ..Ok, well, women like it anyway.

Also, shown below, I had the pleasure of doing their master bathroom in Venetian plaster. Probably one of the prettiest color finishes I've done. The warm yellow sienna flavor really makes you feel good.

The ceiling is painted in Sherwin Williams 'Croissant'. I hand mixed the color for the walls, but if you want to try, I mixed the Venetian plaster topcoat sealer with Modern Masters tints; Ivory, Tuscan Sun, and Pebble Beach until I got the right shade, then I troweled the sealer on.
Don't mix more than 4 oz per gallon with any tinting per the guidelines. It's a really good idea to follow them, because any alterations may affect the manipulation of the finish and the curing!

Please don't attempt this if you haven't had the training...It's easy to ruin!! Let a professional help you. :) We like it when we get phone calls!

The result: Gorgeous!

Thanks C & D for letting me into your home and your life for a wee bit!
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers