As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Title:
"How fairy tales begin in the future"

It would be nice if we could just unbox our dreams and get started with the perfect model, wouldn't it? You know, you have plans for the perfect thing, whatever it is, so you just draw it up and boom, you're up and running..happily ever after.

"You can't always get what you want", Mick Jagger said, "but, if you try sometimes, you get what you need!" The message I take from this is that I can have what I want, a version of it anyway, just as long as I try.


I'm trying, I'm really trying. I know that following your dreams is one thing, but when you're an artist in need of patron, you're really shooting for the moon! Nevertheless, I keep creating, every day.

What the heck, I've got 40 years to work on it, or more. Grandma moses didn't start painting until she was in her 70's or something crazy like that. The perfect example of a late bloomer...the perfect example of why YOU should never, ever give up!!!

I believe in myself. Do you?

Have a nice day! Go do something that makes you happy.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers