As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Watching..the pentultimate way to spend time

"Eyes On You", Mixed Media, 6x6"
(on display at Defoors Centre, June 10-August 31st, 2012)

I sometimes just wake up.  ..and watch my room at rest.

I can't say it's because I'm well rested or even that some loud noise startled me in my sleep.  Not even the sound of the sweet birds in the wee hours.  Really, I can't find a reason.

I wonder if someone is watching me.  Like a spider.

This morning, I awoke at 5 and stayed in bed, eyes wandering around the room, shifting in vain for nearly an hour before I just got up and came down to watch the tube, er, plasma.  A nice latte to keep me company for a while.  I found Law & Order and grabbed my laptop so that I could successfully lack optimum concentration on either activity. 

I got up after only 4 1/2 hours of sleep knowing I would be trying to find an excuse not to go hiking at 8 because I would be too tired.  Now I have a half hour to get dressed and go tackle the 5 1/2 mile hike and beat the previous time of 1hr33min, and my butt hurts from leaning on this sofa.

On the plus side, I got to see a really old Chris Noth & Paul Sorvino episode of Law & Order, so old that I saw Claire Danes playing a young school girl.  Everyone, even Captain Cragen looks like a baby!

Ok, enough rambling, time to get dressed and sweat before the sun can blister my skin.  I think I'll put my eyes to some good use and focus on the trail.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers