As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Friday, April 18, 2008

Back in commission

I must confess, it's been a while since my last post.

So, my frequent rants have become a little infrequent...

I've been busy.

Creatin'.

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more...

maybe a little more..

Got some great clients, so I've been painting my arms off, and with barely a moment to breathe. Add to that the most wonderful past two weeks, studying under Michel Nadai, a member of the prestigious Salon, who carries the title of Premier Craftsman of France..yep, the whole country!

I am fortunate to be studying trompe l'oeil and ornamentation amidst the talents and creative energy of a very small group of people, so we are really feeling the treatment!

Life is good.

After I recover from the rush of March and April (over a few good cosmopolitans) this weekend, I will begin to look forward to some great fun in the coming months as new found friends in the mural business are lifting my spirits even further and truly taking me to new levels.

All I can say is, "Thank you!"

And, I'm officially removing starving from "starving artist". It's a bad rap. Let's be positive here. A note to all non-artists: The other day, our little study group of 'artists' were sitting around talking about our clients, and the most commonly and innocently asked question from them seems to be, "So, is this all you do?"

:) (yes)

I do live on commission. People ask me to make their home pretty, and, surprisingly, it's all I do. I've spent my whole life getting to this moment. And, yes, it's all I do! So, buy art, please. Support artists. Appreciate it's place in history, current events, pop culture.

It's time for a new renaissance....please. Try to understand that we are professionals; we work as hard as any other profession, and sometimes, we've even invested as much money in our education and continuing education as teachers, lawyers, pilots, doctors, engineers, etc.

Whoa Nelly. Wow, she's tall.

Now for some creative visualization. [Looking forward to the master class in France..Ah, du vin, du pain, et de petit boursin!]
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers