As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday is a good news day

Mirrors, yellow and blue make green. Pair 5x5" each.
To purchase: http://tinyurl.com/bxsohyq

Back to the grind.  Sounds so abrasive.  Sorry.  This is going to be a great year.  Events are booking fast around here and I have lots to look forward to already!

I've got a neat featured artist dinner party coming up in the next couple of months.  The date isn't booked yet, but I'll be sure to broadcast it as soon as there are details. A groovy concept by a friend of a friend, who hosts an intimate dinner party for one small group at a time and one spotlight artist.  After dinner, the loft becomes an open gallery.  Fun! I can't wait!

The Saturday Market in Marietta Square (Marietta, GA) will resume again in April and I will greet it with open arms.  I really enjoyed getting to know the vendors last year, and I sure learned a lot about myself in the process.  Marietta Square is a great little destination for a Saturday morning with a great coffee shop, a number of yummy spots for breakfast, not to mention what's available from the neat local outdoor vendors!  In addition to the Farmer's Market, there is also the Artist's Market, where you'll find me, which runs from April through October this year, on the second and fourth Saturdays.

I am still working on my website after it was destroyed last year by hackers. I wish I had a full time geek assistant around here!  Despite my inadequacies in the area of web design and techtitude, I get by. I still have my shops on Etsy and Artfire though, and now I have to plug UGallery.com for curating my guitar series into their repertoire of emerging artists! Thanks UGallery for representing me in that little endeavor.

I look forward to hanging out more around town, like at DooGallery events, Cube Gallery, WonderRoot and planning group shows with my fellow artist friends.

Also on the agenda, to run every 5k and 10k I can reasonably attend.
To your health,
Rebecca



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers